The investigation of
virus-related computer incidents (VCI)
Doctor Web offers paid services related to the investigation of virus-related computer incidents.
Investigation | Scope of the investigation | Questions and answers | Report | Request an investigation
- Initial incident assessment, the scope of the investigation and the measures required to remedy the consequences of the incident.
- An examination of computer and other related items (hard disks, and text, audio, photo, and video materials) that are presumably related to the VCI.
- Unique! A psychological evaluation of individuals (company personnel) to identify 1) possible accomplices involved in / assisting with / covering up or supporting illegal activities against customers (a comprehensive risk assessment) and 2) instances of inaction or dereliction of duty.
- Recommendations on the deployment of an anti-virus solution that would prevent VCIs or keep them to a minimum in the future.
All the procedures are carried out in compliance with legislation of the respective country.
The advantages of a Doctor Web investigation
- Over 20 years of experience researching malware.
- Knowledge of current virus threats, their continuous monitoring and analysis, and unique detection methods and technologies.
- Efficient neutralisation of new threats, continuous improvement of technologies that neutralise new unknown malware, and uncovering and thwarting criminal schemes.
- Highly qualified personnel.
- In-house, global virus-monitoring service.
- In-house anti-virus laboratory.
- Unique! A unique investigation of customer personnel.
- Special equipment allows information to be retrieved in accordance with procedures that guarantee its complete retrieval and provide irrefutable evidence in court.